INTER-AMERICAN NETWORK OF FOOD ANALYSIS LABORATORIES (INFAL)
The Inter-American Network of Food Analysis Laboratories (INFAL) has as mission, to promote the assurance of the safety and food
quality in the Region of the Americas, in order to prevent the foodborne diseases, protect the health of the consumer and to facilitate the
trade, promoting and strengthening the development and interaction of the food analysis laboratories within the framework of integrated
national programs of food protection.
The INFAL has as general objectives:
(a) To achieve the methodological equivalence of the food analysis laboratories.
(b) To promote the implementation of equivalent systems of quality management in the laboratories of the INFAL.
(c) To strengthen scientific and technical cooperation among the countries members.
And as specific objectives:
(1) To develop an information system among the laboratories of the INFAL.
(2) To facilitate the availability of the reference materials and the involvement in interlaboratory testing.
(3) To organize and to promote programs for training and education promoting the sharing of experiences and resources available in the region.
(4) To promote and to strengthen the intersectoral involvement, in the formation and operation of the national laboratory networks.
(5) To promote and to strengthen the integration of the laboratories of the INFAL into the programs of food protection and epidemiological surveillance.
In order to see the Bylaws is required the utilization of the program Adobe(R) Acrobat Reader(software without cost for the user). If you do not have it it can obtain it at this time.